YOUTH RED CROSS
Youth red cross officers
|Designation||:||Associate professor ,EEE YRC Co-ordinator|
|Qualification||:||B.E., M.E., Ph.D.
Report on Activities in Academic year 2012-2016
Youth Red Cross (YRC) Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization having a network of over 700 branches throughout the country. The seven fundamental principles of YRC are Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service ,Unity and Universality.
All the students are the members of this society. The society focuses to promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living, to encourage community service through training and education and to promote technical support for the
development of youth programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources.
- To inculcate an awareness especially in relation to the care of their own health and that of others.
- To understand and acceptance of civic and human responsibilities.
- To cultivation and maintenance of a spirit of service and helpfulness to others.
All the students of the university are the members of YRC. They are enrolled as members by paying Rs.10 per student to YRC, which collected along with admission fees. A portion of this amount Rs.4 per student as registration fee is remitted to Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil nadu Brach as per Government G.O. No:342, Department of Higher education dated 13.07.99.for enrollment.
The university has nominated two faculty member as a program officers to carry out the activities of the society. No hard and fast rules are laid down regarding Youth Red Cross activities. The programme should be adapted to the objective of the society. The students are encouraged to manage their own affairs and choose their own activities The programme is as possible include something under each of the following heads:
The programme is as possible include something under each of the following heads:
- Relief work during emergencies like fire, flood and other natural calamities.
- Promotion of Health and Hygience.
- Practice of Health habits.
- Cleanliness of college premises, their own places and outside
- Preparation of health poster and mottos.
- Prepaganda on health and cleanliness in Village, Slums & Towns by organising propaganda parties, Processions, drams etc.,
- Co-operation with the State parent body and other medical check-up
- camps at slums, villages and in other need places.
- Co-operation with public, Health Department in anti-epedimic measures, village sanitation etc.
- Exhibition of film shows, cultural programmes and prevention of diseases.
- Conduct Essay competition and award prizes.
- National Integration
- World Friendliness
2012 – 2013
- Organized a guest lecture by Mohan foundation on “Organ Donation Awareness”
- Organized a guest lecture by Mr. Siva Kumar, DCP on “Road safety”.
- Dental check up camp by Ragas Dental College, Chennai.
2013 – 2014
- Dental check up camp for students and staff members by Ragas Dental College.
- organized a blood donation camp for Voluntary Health Society of Taramani and Chengalpattu medical college.
- Zoo visit for mentally retarded orphans from Bhawsadeepam Home, Tambaram.
Activities of 2015 - 2016
- organized One day seminar on “stress management on student development – Handling messy situation with confidence” by Dr.Nalini Chandrasekaran on 30/8/2016.
- Organized one day workshop on" placement awareness" program for final year student on 29.04.2016 by Alumni of BSAU
- Youth Red Cross society (YRC) has organized a program " Collection of blood donor list for Govt. app" on 14.02.2017 with the help of District Aids preventive and control unit - Guduvancherry (Government Organization).
- YRC and The placement cell of BSA Crescent University is organizing workshop on "GATE Awareness Program” on 15.03.2017.Guest Speaker: Mr.G. Naveen Kumar,Dy Director, Vani Institute,Chennai.