The primary objective of the proposed incentive scheme is to motivate the faculty members of our Institution to undertake quality research, consultancy and other related activities.
This scheme covers all faculty members of all Departments of the B.S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology. The scope of the scheme envisages in particular
- to motivate faculty members to concentrate on research related activities in addition to the teaching so as to publish articles in reputed refereed international and national journals with impact factor.
- to pursue efforts to write books, monographs for publication by International and National publishers of reput.
- to evince interest among the members of faculty so that they take efforts to establish collaborative research projects with their counterparts in reputed foreign Universities.
- to encourage the faculty to submit proposals and secure funded research projects from various funding agencies in India and abroad.
- to undertake consultancy projects sponsored by both the Government and Private Industrial and other organizations.
- to encourage creativity in the minds of faculty, so that they make original contributions by way of products, concepts etc. and obtain patents.
The Calendar year is the period for calculating the credits earned by a faculty member that is, from Ist January to the 31st December of the year.
At the end of every calendar year, the total credits earned by a faculty member will be calculated based upon the evidence produced and the incentive to the faculty member will be arrived at and disbursed. For each credit earned, a sum of Rs.30,000/- (Rupees Thirty Thousand Only) will be awarded. For fractional credits, the amount of Rs.30, 000/- will be proportionately awarded.
- If more than one faculty member involved in paper publication, research and consultancy project, the amount will be shared by them. The Principal Investigator / author should indicate in the claim the share between the Principal author and co – author(s). If an author from other university or college is involved, he will not be considered for the award.
- It is the responsibility of the faculty member to produce evidence of having published paper in the refereed journal and the impact factor of the journal. He has to produce a printed copy of the SCOPUS or other evidence and the HOD should attest the same.
- A claim form will be prescribed and the faculty member is expected to submit the same duly filled and attaching copies of evidence duly countersigned by the HOD and Dean of the school.
- After checking the claim and approval by the Vice Chancellor, the office of Registrar will claim and disburse the amount following the usual procedure.
- Credit earned under one category will not be taken into account for another category
- As this being a tentative scheme, the criteria and modalities will be amended then and there by the Institution