Association of Polymer Technologist (APT) organised one day workshop on “Composite design” and “Paper Presentation” during Crestech 2017 on 24 - 25 March, 2017. More than 50 participants and 30 teams respectively from various technical universities and engineering institutions participated.
- The department of polymer engineering and polymer nanotechnology center organized an INDO-UK Workshop on “Clean Water through Advanced and Affordable Materials” on 8th August, 2016.
- International Conference on ‘Nanomaterials: Science, Technology and Applications’ during 5-7 December, 2013 jointly with Deakin University, Australia and University Technology, MARA, Malaysia. A total of 25 invited lectures from experts from India, USA, UK, Australia, Malaysia, Brazil, South Africa and France were participated.
- Two days National Conference on ‘Frontiers in Polymer Nano Materials and Composites’ was organised during 18-19 March, 2010.
- The University organised Silver Jubilee celebrations. The Department participated in the Inhouse Exhibition on "Major applications of Polymers in domestic and industrial applications” on 12 -13 February, 2011 in the Department. There was a good response for the Inhouse Exhibition. More than 1000 students participated in the exhibition.
- Organized one day programme on "Catch them Young – handling of plastic waste for clean environment" for Corporation and Govt school children in September 2008. More than 800 school children's participated.
- The Department has organized one day awareness programme on "Polyvision 2005" – an exposition of materials of the millenium – polymer materials and their applications in science, engineering and technology” on October 15, 2005 for the benefit of school students in and around Chennai.The chief guests of honour are Mr. Krish S. Iyengar, Regional Manager, Reliance Industries Ltd., and Mr.P.B. Raman, Chief Executive, Hydro S & S Industries Ltd.
- The Department has organized two day national Seminar on "Emerging Trends on Biodegradable Plastics" on 15-16 September, 2004 at the Thaikapa Auditorium. The seminar was partly supported by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology, Chennai. Dr. Sushil K.Verma, Director General of CIPET inaugurated the function with his introductory lecture on "Biodegradable Plastics: An alternate solution for waste management". There was a good response for the seminar. Overall there were more than 250 delegates participated in this seminar.