B.TECH- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Program Educational Objective
- To provide fundamental knowledge of Mathematics and Science to enable the student understand the basic concepts of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- To impart sound theoretical and practical knowledge in the broad areas of Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Transducers, Industrial Instruments, Analytical Instruments Biomedical instruments, Microelectronics and Process Control.
- To provide knowledge and skill in the design, installation, maintenance, and calibration of different types of instruments used in process industries.
- To develop skills for devising solutions in the design of conventional and advanced Control Systems required for Industrial Automation.
- To inculcate sustained interest in the process of life- long learning to keep abreast of state-of-art technologies in the fields of Electronics and Instrumentation.
- To impart necessary managerial and soft skills required to face the challenges in the process industries and software companies.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome
M.TECH- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Program Educational Objective
- To provide advanced knowledge in the areas of Instrumentation, Control & Electronics and be aware of latest trends in the fields.
- To develop ability to design, implement and maintain the automation systems for the process industries.
- To develop skill by providing practical exposure in the areas of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, to interpret and evaluate the experimental results.
- To kindle interest in the development of innovative ideas in the real time problems related to electronics, Instrumentation and Control and take up projects to implement these ideas.
- To impart necessary managerial and soft skills required to face the challenges in process industries and software companies.
- To inculcate sustained interest in the process of lifelong learning to keep abreast of new developments in the field of Electronics, Instrumentation and Control.
- Identify real-time problems in the areas of instrumentation, industrial automation & microelectronics and carryout industry standard project.
- Apply the in-depth knowledge gained in the areas of Electronics , Instrumentation and Process Control to find feasible and optimal solutions for industrial problems.
- Formulate/Select and apply relevant techniques, resources and Engineering & IT tools for the design of instrumentation systems; process modeling and control.
- Function actively and efficiently as a lead of different teams and multidisciplinary projects.
- Communicate effectively the engineering concepts and ideas with a wide range of engineering community and others, to understand and prepare reports, to make effective presentations and to frame instructions and guidelines.
- Carry out the assigned task in the career with professional approach and ethical responsibility.
- Recognize the need for self and life-long learning keeping pace with technological changes.