International- 08; National - 01
International- 06; National- 02
Key Areas of Research:
- Metabolic disorder – Genetics, Drug discovery and Animal model development.
- Pre-clinical Toxicity profile of pharmaceutical and herbal drugs
- M.K.Sangeetha, Nitin Shri Shri Mal, Hannah R. Vasanthi (2013). PPAR’s and Diosgenin a Chemico Biological Insight in NIDDM. Chemico-Biological Interactions. (on line publication).
- M.K.Sangeetha, D. Eazhisai Vallabi, Hannah R. Vasanthi (2013). Sub-acute Toxicity Profile of a Modified Resveratrol Supplement. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 59:492-500.
- M.K.Sangeetha, C.D. Mohanapriya and Hannah R. Vasanthi (2013). Anti-diabetic property of Tinospora cordifolia and its active compound is mediated through the expression ofGlut-4in L6 myotubes. Phytomedicine. 20:246– 248.
- M.K. Sangeetha, H. Balaji Raghavendran, V. Gayathri, Hannah R Vasanthi (2011). Tinospora cordifolia attenuates oxidative stress and distorted carbohydrate metabolism in High fat diet + Streptozotocin induced type 2 diabetes in rats. Journal of Natural Medicine. 65:544-550.
- Gayathri V, Ananthi S, Chandronitha C,Sangeetha MK, Hannah R.Vasanthi (2011). Hypolipidemic potential of flowers of Nerium oleander in high fat diet fed Sprague Dawley rats. Natural Product Research. 25:11,1110-1114.
- Vasanthkumar M, Parameswari RP, Vijaya Kumar V,Sangeetha MK,…. Hannah R Vasanthi (2010). Anti-ulcer role of herbomineral siddha drug – Thamira parpam on experimentally induced gastric mucosal damage in rats. Human and Experimental Toxicology 29(3):161–173.
Area Of Research Interest
Biochemistry and Molecular biology
Areas of Research Interest:
Diabetes pharmacology, Herbal medicines, Traditional medicine validation.