- Ph.D. (Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India)
- M.Sc. (Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India)
- B.Sc (Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Iowa, USA (2012-2013)
- Postdoctoral Research fellow at University of Montana, USA (2009-2012)
- Protein Biochemistry and Biophysics.
Areas of Research Interest:
- Protein Folding, Stability and Kinetics, Intrinsically Disordered Proteins, Protein folding intermediates, Denatured states of Proteins, Antioxidant Enzymes, Metallo Beta-Lactamases Molecular Biophysics, Protein Folding and Stability, Protein folding intermediates, Drug discovery and design, Molecular Docking, Antioxidant enzymes.
International- 15; National- Nil
International- 02; National- 02
Key Areas of Research:
- Protein Folding, Stability and Kinetics, Intrinsically Disordered Proteins, Protein folding intermediates, Denatured states of Proteins.
Ongoing Sponsored Research Project
- Identifying the molecular basis of peroxidase activity of Peroxiredoxin 6- An Approach for designing antioxidant peptides and inhibitors sponsored by DST-SERB.
- V. Lavanya, BA Kumar, S Jamal, MKA Khan & N Ahmed (2017) Sub Micellarconcentration of sodium dodecyl sulphate prevents thermal denaturation inducedaggregation of Plant Lectin, Jacalin. The Protein Journal 36 (1), 17-27.
- V. Lavanya, Neesar Ahmed, Md Khurshid Alam Khan & Shazia Jamal (2016) SustainedMitogenic Effect on K562 Human Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Cells by Dietary Lectin,Jacalin. Glycoconjugate journal, December 2016, Volume 33,Issue 6, pp 877–886.
- Levi J. McClelland, Sean M. Seagraves, Md. Khurshid Alam Khan, Melisa M. Cherney,Swati Bandi, Justin E. Culbertson and Bruce E. Bowler (2015). The Response of Ω-Loop Dynamics to Truncation of Trimethyllysine 72 of Yeast Iso-1-cytochrome Depends on the Nature of Loop Deformation. J Biol Inorg Chem. 20:805–819.
- Hamidur Rahaman, Md. Khurshid Alam Khan, Md. Imtaiyaz Hassan, Asimul Islam, Ali Akbar Moosavi- Movahedi and Faizan Ahmad (2015) Heterogeneity of equilibrium molten globule state of cytochrome c induced by weak salt denaturants. Plos One 10(4):e012046
- M. Warepam, G. S. Sharma, T. A. Dar TA, M. K. Khan and L. R. Singh (2014) Structural characteristic of the initial unfolded state on refolding determines catalytic efficiency of the folded protein in presence of osmolytes. Plos One 14; 9(10):e109408
- Hamidur Rahaman, Md. Khurshid Alam Khan, Md. Imtaiyaz Hassan, Asimul Islam, Ali Akbar Moosavi- Movahedi, Faizan Ahmad (2013) Evidence of Non-coincidence of normalized sigmoidal curves of two different structural properties of two- state protein folding/unfolding. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 58: 351-358.
- Md Khurshid A. Khan and Bruce E. Bowler (2012) Conformational properties of polyglutamine sequences in guanidine hydrochloride solutions. Biophysical Journal 103(9):1989-99.
- Md Khurshid A. Khan, Abbigail L. Miller and Bruce E. Bowler (2012) Tryptophan Stabilizes His-Heme loops in the Denatured State Only when it is near the loop end. Biochemistry 51(17):3586-95.
- Md. Imtaiyaz Hassan, Aabgeena Naeem, Khurshid Alam Khan, Rizwan Hasan Khan, Sarman Singh,Tej P. Singh and Savita Yadav (2012) Protective Effect of Prolactin Induced Protein on Zinc α2- Glycoprotein Against Various Denaturants. Journal of Protein and Proteomics 3(2):105-111.
- Md Khurshid Alam Khan, Hamidur Rahaman and Faizan Ahmad (2011) Conformation and thermodynamic stability of pre-molten and molten globule states of mammalian cytochromes- c. Metallomics Apr; 3(4):327-38.
- Md Khurshid Alam Khan, Hamidur Rahaman, Md. Imtaiyaz Hassan, Tej P. Singh, Ali Akbar Moosavi-Movahedi and Faizan Ahmad (2010) Conformational and thermodynamic characterization of the premolten globule state occurring during unfolding of molten globule state of Cytochrome-c. J Biol Inorg Chem. 15: 1319-1329
- Md Khurshid Alam Khan, Utpal Das, Md. Hamidur Rahaman, Md. Imtaiyaz Hassan, A.Srinivasan,Tej P. Singh, and Faizan Ahmad (2009) A single mutation induces formation ofmolten globule state in cytochrome c at pH 6.0. J Biol Inorg Chem. 14: 751-760.
- H Rahaman, Khurshid Alam Khan, Imtaiyaz Hassan, Mohd. Wahid, S. Baskar Singh, Tej P. Singh, Ali Akbar Moosavi-Movahedi, Faizan Ahmad (2008) Sequence and stability of goat cytochrome c. Biophysical Chemistry, 138: 23–28.
- B Ahmad, Md Khurshid Alam Khan, Soghra Khatun Haq, Rizwan Hasan Khan (2004)Intermediate formation at lower urea concentration in 'B' isomer of human serum albumin: a case study using domain specific ligands. Biochem Biophy Res Commn 314: 166-173.
- A Naeem, Khursid Alam Khan, Rizwan Hasan Khan (2004) Characterization of a partially folded intermediate of papain induced by fluorinated alcohols at low pH. Arch Biochem Biophys. 432 (1):79-87.
Honors and Awards
- Junior Research Fellowship (2004-2006) awarded by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
- Senior Research Fellowship (2006-2009) awarded by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
- Fellowship (2001-2003) awarded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt of India.
- University Merit Scholarship (1997-2000) awarded by Aligarh Muslim University, India