International collaboration between Purdue University and B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology has been signed on 10th November, 2010 at West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, to promote international academic cooperation.
- Exchange of materials in education and research, publications, and academic information.
- Exchange of faculty and research scholars
- Exchange of students
- Joint research and meetings for education and research
- Technical assistance
Joint cancer research being carried out on “Electro Chemo therapy for effective cancer treatment”. First International workshop on the topic organized on 27th and 28th July, 2011, jointly byB S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
, Purdue University,USA, and Sri Ramachandra University.Experts from five countries participated.
Study Abroad Program:Purdue University: A team twenty students and faculty members of Purdur University,USA visited our institute as part of their study abroad program during March 11, 2012.
Dr.Robert Cox ,Vice dean and Dr.Don Buskirk, Director of International Collaboration from Purdue University visited BSACIST on 16th march ,2012 and held detailed discussion with Deans , HODs and Faculty on joint research and projects between the two universities.
Our university is having international collaboration with Columbia University,USA, for joint research and projects.Students and faculty exchange.Developing joint academic programs, joint international workshops and seminars, cultural exchange.
Professor.P.Somasundaram, director, National Science Foundation, IUCR Centre for Surfactants, Columbia University, USA, visited BSACIST on 16th December, 2011, and interacted with Deans, Directors, HODs and explored the potential areas for joint research and explored the avenues for applying joint projects to National Science Foundation, USA, in partnership with Columbia University.
MoU signed with University of Cambridge Esol Examinations on 18th November, 2010.
- To impart language training and testing to all engineering students.
MoU signed with deakin University Australia on 3rd August,2011 with the participation of Prof.Jane Den Hollender, Vice Chancellor of Deakin University and Honourable Chris Evans, the Australian Minister for Tertiary education,Job skills and work place relations.
Areas of cooperation:
- Academic staff cooperation on collaborative research, lectures and conferences in areas of common interest.
- General academic cooperation including the exchange of educational resource materials and publications that are of mutual interest.
- Development and implementation of student exchange programs.
- Development and implementation of staff exchange programs.
- Identification of special short-term academic programs and projects of mutual interest
- Joint International Conference on “Software Engineering and Mobile Applications Modeling and Development” with Deakin University, Australia, on 19-21 December, 2012.
Prof.Peter Hodgston, Australian Laureate Fellow and Director of Technology Research and Innovation, met our research team at Chennai and held discussions on cutting edge research on developing light materials application to automobiles on 25th November, 2011.
Dr.Tim Hilditch and Dr.Tim De Souza, from centre for material and fibre innovation, institute for Technology Research and innovation, Deakin University, Australia , visited BSACIST and held discussion with Mechanical and Nano technology Centre for joint research on 28th November 2011.
Dr.R.Rajendran Professor Mechanical Engineering is currently carrying out research work on Aluminizing of steel piston rings as an extension of his Ph D thesis in collaboration with IP Rings Ltd, Maraimalainagar and Dr Daniel Fabijanic Research Academic Institute for Frontier Materials - IFM, GTP Research, Deakin University, Australia
MoU with Curtin University of Technology and BSACIST signed on 21st May,2012, with the following objectives.
- Cooperate in the exchange of information relating to teaching and research in fields of mutual interest.
- Promoting appropriate joint research projects and joint courses of study, with particular emphasis on internationally funded projects.
- Endeavour to encourage students and staff to spend periods of time in the host institution.
- Conduct Cultural projects, mutually agreed.
- Providing study abroad opportunities at undergraduate and post graduate level.
A high level delegation from Curtin University of Technology visited our Institution on 30th November,2011 and held detailed technical discussion on various partnership initiatives between the two universities.
MoU has been signed with UiTM, Malaysia on 27th March 2012.
- to foster international cooperation in the area of joint research, student and faculty exchange, joint conferences and workshops,
- developing joint academic programs, developing joint programs on Islamic studies and Islamic banking, Charity management .
A four member delegation at the level deans from UiTM visited our university on 16th April, 2012 and held detailed discussions with professors and faculty at different schools of the university and identified various joint research projects.
MoU has been signed with Universiti Malaysia, Sarawak, Malaysia for joint research and projects, student and faculty exchange, joint programs, joint workshops and seminars.
- Faculty members from Mechanical and Civil Engineering Departments of BSACIST presented research papers at international conference organized at UNIMAS 9-11 July, 2012, and interacted with UNIMAS faculty for joint research collaboration.
Our university signed MoU with PPKS, Malaysia for skill development for the state of Sarawak, Malyasia.
Ryerson University ,Canada and BSAU are exploring to establish joint energy research center at B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology to carry out energy research of international significance and impact with the participation industries.
A team of 20 professors from BSACIST interacted with delegation from ATN universities, Australia and explored areas of interest for joint research partnerships and programs on 20th February, 2012 at Chennai.
The ATN universities from Australia include Curtin University of Technology, University of South Australia, Queensland University of Technology, RMIT , The University of Technology, Sydney.
Faculty from BSACIST met representatives from Sterling group universities from UK on 27th July, 2012 and explored the potential for joint research between research led UK technical universities , members of Sterling group of universities and BSAU.
The universities include Aston University, University of Birmingham, University of Cambridge, Cardiff University, Durham University, University of Leeds, Loughborough University, Newcastle University, University of Nottingham , University of Oxford, University of Southampton.
Dr.Raja Sooriamurthi, Associate Teaching professor, information Systems Program,Carnegie Mellon University, USA, conducted one day workshop on “ Puzzle Based Learning Paradigms” to students and faculty of our Institute on 30th July, 2011. He held detailed discussion on collaborative projects and research between the two universities.
Initiated partnership with University of Oregon , USA in the core area of sustainability between the Architecture departments of both the universities through the visit Prof.Kathy Poole, Director, special Projects and initiatives, Office of the International Affairs, University of Oregon, to Chennai on 12 th October, 2011,facilitated by US consulate General, Chennai.
Initiated partnership with University of Illinois at Springfield , USA in the area of environmental studies through the visit Elenora Hagg from the University of Illinois at Springfield to Chennai on 12th October, 2011,facilitated by US consulate General, Chennai.
Education representatives from consulates of USA, UK,Germany, Netherlands and France , gave presentations on higher education opportunities and scholarships at their respective countries to the students of our university on 14th September,2011.Students from neighboring institutions also participated.
We have received delegations from overseas universities including Derby University, UK, Plymouth University, UK, Jackson University, USA, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA, Swinburne University, Australia.
All the above universities are very keen to partnership with our university for academic and research collaboration.
A delegation students and faculty from Civil Engineering Department of BSACIST visited Civil engineering departments of Nanyang Technological university and National University of Singapore,Singapore on 29th and 30th October,2012 for interaction with faculty and exchange research interests and explore higher education opportunities for students.
B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology(BSACIST), Signs MoU with University of Central Florida (UCF), USA
B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology signed general agreement for international collaboration with University of Central Florida, USA, in the presence of Ms.Jennifer McIntyre, American Consul General, Chennai, on 26th December,2012. University of Central Florida is the largest US University with over 60,000 students pursuing over 177 bachelors and masters degrees and 30 doctoral programs. The international agreement between the two universities has been signed based on the mutual appreciation that both the universities are higher education institutions whose mission includes providing quality learning opportunities for its students and communities, as well as promoting academic research. Both the universities consider the promotion and support of teaching, research and community outreach to be of primary importance in the fulfillment of their mission, goals and objectives. Both the universities consider that increasing opportunities for international cooperation and exchange increases cultural understanding and appreciation. The general agreement promotes mutual cooperation in education, scientific research and outreach between the two universities.
The following broad areas of cooperation have been identified for mutual cooperation.
- Exchange of graduate and undergraduate students
- Exchange of academic personnel
- Cooperative research and development activities
- Cooperative design of courses, conferences, symposia or academic programs.
- Exchange of academic or scientific materials and publications of common interest and
- Cultural exchange and other programs of future need.
B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
Missouri State University, USA and B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology Chennai, India signed MoU, memorandum of understanding for international academic cooperation between the two universities on 24th October 2013. Mr.Kent D Thomas from Missouri State University, Prof.J.A.K Tareen, Vice Chancellor, B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Deans, Directors and HODs of BSAU participated in the function.
The two universities have agreed to develop international academic cooperation in the areas of sharing expertise on academic resources, sharing of best practices, student and faculty exchanges for academic and cultural exchanges, semester abroad programs, short study visits, joint Ph.D supervision. Developing educational programs, providing opportunities for the students of both universities international study experience to enable them to inculcate international mind set, skills and attitude. The student exchange programs will develop skills and mindset to work in a ethnic heterogeneous environment.
The two universities will develop cooperative research opportunities in the areas of Nano technology, Computer Science, Business management, Life Sciences, Chemistry, materials science, among other areas.
Under faculty exchange program MSU faculty will handle classes for BSAU students at Chennai and BSAU faculty will handle classes for MSU students at USA, delivery of lectures through video conferencing is also planned to implement. The two universities will work toward organizing joint international workshops and conferences in the thrust areas of international significance and impact.
B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai and Plymouth University, UK entered into an international academic partnership on 5th December, 2013 in the presence of British Deputy High Commissioner, Mr.Bharat Joshi and Chairman of B.S.Abdur Rahman University, Mr.Abdul Qadir A Rahman Buhari. Prof.J.A.K.Tareen, Vice Chancellor of B.S.Abdur Rahman University and Dr.David Jenkins from Plymouth University exchanged the Memorandum of Understanding between the two universities.
- Academic staff cooperation on collaborative research in areas of common interest
- Identifying and developing collaborative research programs
- Establishing mechanism for joint supervision of Higher degree by research candidates
- Development and implementation of student and staff exchange programs, to share best practices and impart international focus and competence to students
- Development and implementation of potential Trans-national educational programs
- Identification of special short-term academic programs and projects of mutual benefit to both institutions;
- Exchange of academic resources and best practices;
- Joint research through UK-India Research collaboration funding
British Council Education Councellor, Mr. Gokula Krishnan, made a detailed presentation to the students of BSAU on Higher Education and Scholarship Opportunities at UK on 30th January, 2014.
He provided British Council brochures and clarified the various questions raised by the students on Higher Education opportunities at UK.
Dr. S. Prince Arockia Doss, Director, International Collaboration, participated UK – India Offshore Wind Energy Workshop, on 06th February, 2014 at CWET – Centre for Wind Energy Technology, Chennai and interacted with offshore wind energy experts from UK Universities.
The program is organized by jointly by UK Science and Innovation, Network and British Deputy High Commission, Chennai and CWET.
Dr. S. Prince Arockia Doss, Director, International Collaboration, BSAU participated in the International Workshop on Educating for Exchange, Opportunities for India – US Diplomacy, sponsored by US Consulate General, Chennai and presented by Cultural Vistas, USA on 11th March, 2014 at Chennai.
The workshop focused on developing Models of International Exchange, Building capacity for Exchange Programs, policies of International exchange, perspective of internationalization, internships, IAESTE, etc.
Open House and Exhibition was organized at BSAU on 30th and 31st March 2014, showcasing its achievements, facilities, infrastructure, programs and career opportunities.
The pavilion put up by the Centre for International Collaboration attracted everyone and international opportunities available to students, faculty through international partners and international agencies were presented.
Dr. S. Prince Arockia Doss, Director, International Collaboration, BSACIST participated in the Netherlands King’s Day Celebration, on 26th April, 2014 at Chennai.
He interacted with CEES BANSEMA, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of the Netherlands, and had a discussion with the new Australian Consul General to South India Mr. Sean Kelly, and other diplomats.
MoU has been signed between B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, India and Florida Atlantic University, USA on 13th May, 2014 to promote international academic cooperation between the two Universities to expand scholarly ties, facilitate academic cooperation, and promote mutual understanding under the following broad areas.
- Consult FAU and B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, faculty and departments, and explore potential mutually beneficial technical assistance and training projects, basic and applied research activities, and program development focused on engineering and sciences;
- Investigate student and faculty exchanges in areas that mutually benefit both institutions;
- Investigate the possibility of creating a double degree program at the Master’s and Doctoral levels in the area of engineering;
- Investigate possibilities for collaborative research and outside funding sources for projects determined to be mutually beneficial to both institutions; and
- Investigate the possibilities for implementing semester abroad program, short-term faculty visits, live lectures through virtual class room, joint PhD supervision, organizing joint international conferences and workshops, and in other areas of interest as the need arises.
MoU has been signed between B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, India and University College of Technology Sarawak (UCTS), Malaysia on 09th December, 2014 with the participation of “H.E Tun Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud” his Excellency Governor of the State of Sarawak, Malaysia.
Through the University College of Technology Sarawak, Malaysia MoU the two universities will concentrate on:
- To develop cooperation in the human capital development and related activities between the two parties.
- To establish a mutually beneficial relationship built on academic cooperation. Areas of cooperation between the UCTS and the BSACIST include (but not limited to) the academic programs, staff & students exchange and joint research & publications.
- Develop and conduct academic and professional training programmes
- Exchange of technical know-how and advisory
- Joint research, innovation and teaching activities
- Joint participation in course development and delivery
- Exchange of students and academic staff for the purposes of value-added study, exposures and experience and
- Faculty joint development book publication
Photo Description Prof. Dato’ Dr Abdul Hakim Juri, Vice Chancellor of University College of Technology Sarawak, Malaysia and Dr. V. Murugesan, Registrar of B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai signed MoU on 09th December, 2014 and others in the picture “H.E Tun Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud” His Excellency Governor of the State of Sarawak, Malaysia, Mr. Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Dr Alfred Jabu Anak Numpang, Deputy Chief Minister Sarawak, Mrs. Chitra Devi, Malaysian Consul General for South India and other Senior Government delegation from the state of Sarawak and Mr. Abdul Qadir A. Rahman Buhari, Chairman, Board of Management from BSAU, Prof. Jalees Ahmed Khan Tareen, Vice Chancellor from BSAU, Dr. V. M. Periasamy, Pro Vice Chancellor from BSAU and Deans & Directors from BSACIST participated.
MoU has been signed between B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, India and Sarawak Foundation (Yayasan Sarawak) Malaysia on 09th December, 2014 with the participation of “H.E Tun Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud” his Excellency, Governor of the State of Sarawak, Malaysia.
Through the Sarawak Foundation, Malaysia MoU the Institutions with focus on:
- To jointly engage and network with YAYASAN SARAWAK’s sponsored university graduates and introduce them to the academic opportunities at B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology.
- To build a long-term collaboration with YAYASAN SARAWAK in terms of identifying and developing collaborative research output and programs
- To develop and implement student and staff exchange programs, to share best practices, impart knowledge and skills competencies.
- To conduct joint design of courses, conferences, symposia or academic programs or projects of mutual benefit to both institutions
- To jointly engage in further collaboration as may be mutually agreed by all parties from time to time.
Photo Description: Prof. Datu Mohamad Abu Bakar Marzuki, Director Yayasan Sarawak, Malaysia and Dr. V. Murugesan, Registrar of B. S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai signed MoU on 09th December, 2014 and others in the picture “H.E Tun Pehin Sri Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud” His Excellency Governor of the State of Sarawak, Malaysia, Mr. Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Dr Alfred Jabu Anak Numpang, Deputy Chief Minister Sarawak, Prof. Dato’ Dr Abdul Hakim Juri, Vice Chancellor of UCTS, Mrs. Chitra Devi, Malaysian Consul General for South India and other Senior Government delegation from the state of Sarawak and Mr. Abdul Qadir A. Rahman Buhari, Chairman, Board of Management from BSAU, Prof. Jalees Ahmed Khan Tareen, Vice Chancellor from BSACIST, Dr. V. M. Periasamy, Pro Vice Chancellor from BSAU and Deans & Directors from BSAU participated.
MoU has been signed betweenB S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, and Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte, UFRN, Brazil on 20th June, 2014. The overall objectives of the MoU include:
- To establish a mutual and wide cooperation between UFRN and BSACIST, with a view to develop joint actions of mutual interest
- Visits and exchange of professors, student, technical-administrative staff of the referenced institutions, with a view to promote activities related to research, teaching, extension and university management
- Joint organization of academic, scientific and cultural events
- Technical consultancy
- Interchange of academic, scientific and cultural information and publications
- Simplification of access to the informational and laboratorial infrastructure of the respective institutions.
MoU has been signed between B S Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA on 11th August, 2014 with the participation of Prof. Carl W. Ernst, Department of Religious Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA. Dr. V. M. Periasamy, Pro Vice-Chancellor, BSAU, Dr. V. Murugesan, Registrar, BSACIST, Mr. V. N. A. Jalal, Director Admission, BSACIST, Dr. P. S. Syed Masood Jamali, Dean School of Islamic Studies, BSACIST, Dr. S. Prince Arockia Doss, Director, International Collaboration and Deans, Directors and HoDs participation.
The overall objectives of the MoU include:
- Development of academic programs and courses;
- Exchange of academic staff and researchers for the purposes of teaching and research;
- Exchange of graduate students for the purposes of education and training;
- Reciprocal assistance for visiting academic staff and students;
- Coordination of activities such as joint research and training;
- Exchange of documentation, research materials, publications and information in fields of mutual interest and the two institutions agree that they will be free to participate in projects acting either individually or collectively.