The Under Graduate (UG) program of Information Technology was started in the year 1999 and Post Graduate (PG) program of Information Technology was started in June 2010. It has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members specialized in various areas like Ad hoc Networks, Grid Computing, Data Mining and Software Engineering.
The faculty members contribute their very best to the academic environment by publishing research papers in National and International journals. The department imparts comprehensive knowledge coupled with practical exposure, which is essential for software design, development and testing in the IT industry. To expose latest trends to the students, In-house seminars, workshops, industrial visits and a National symposium ‘ICON’ are conducted periodically by the department’s professional society, “Society of Information Technologists (SIT)” .
About the Department
- To impart education and training at U.G level and inculcate professionalism to suit the needs of the industry
- To ensure better quality of education by continuous monitoring and review of performance and counseling students.
- To achieve excellent pass percentage in the semester examination.
- To enhance problem-solving skills of students through industry oriented projects applying state-of -art techniques.
- To supplement the academic input of students by way of seminars, conferences, guest lectures, industrial visits and in-plant training.
- To strive constantly so as to improve the quality of the faculty members through up-gradation of qualification, participation in, and conduction of short term training programmes (STTP), seminars and workshops, and publications of papers, books etc.
- To provide industrial exposure to the faculty members by undertaking sponsored research, consultancy work and organizing industry oriented training programmes at various levels.
Scope for Employment
- With the world going digital, the need for professionals in the field is growing by leaps and bounds. The requirement for IT professionals is much too greater than the number of IT professionals who graduate every year. So the future holds great expectations for the IT professional, especially people with M.Tech. (IT) as it provides the highest level of practically applicable knowledge to an individual