In recognition of his services in the field of education,
Aligarh Muslim University students union conferred in the Honorary Life Membership in the presence of Prof. Fariqui, Vice Chancellor and Prof. Abdul Hasn Siddique, the Pro. Vice Chancellor of the University.
Sathyabama University awarded Honorary Doctorate
Name : Dr. B.S. ABDUR RAHMAN
Place of Birth : Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram District
Educational Qualification : School Final
- Chairman, Omega Cables Ltd, Chennai
- Chairman, West Asia Exports & Imports Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Chairman, East Coast Constructions & Industries (P) Ltd, Chennai
- Vice Chairman, ETA-Ascon, Dubai
- Chairman, West Asia Maritime Ltd, Chennai
- Chairman, Sethu Investments Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Chairman, Buharia Holding (P) Ltd, Chennai
CONTRIBUTION IN THE FIELD OF EDUCATION
He feels that education is the key that opens the solutions to the socio economic problems pf the society. Hence he founded the following institutions through which all his educational and literacy activities are carried out.
- The Seethakathi Trust
- All India Islamic Foundation
- Islamic Studies & Cultural Centre
1. Crescent Residential Matriculation Higher Secondary School Vandalur, Chennai 600 048 (1968) A fully residential school that caters to the needs of children from India & abroad. The first educational institution started by him.
2. Crescent Matriculation Higher Secondary School for Girls, Chennai 600 006 (1976).
3. Nagore Crescent Matriculation Higher Secondary School for Girls, Nagore 611 002 (1992).
4. Madurai Crescent Matriculation School for Girls, Madurai 625 014 (1994)
1. Thassim Beevi Abdul Kader College for Women, Kilakari.
This college offers the following courses:
Under Graduate Course:
a. B.Sc - Home Science, Nutrition, Food Service Management and Dietetics – branch XA
b. B.Sc - Home Science, Branch X with Computer Applications
c. B.Sc - Computer Science
d. B.Com -
e. B.A - English Literature
Post Graduate Course:
1. Crescent IAS and Career Guidance Academy, Chennai – 28 for IAS, Professional Courses entrance exams (1994).
2. Islamic Studies & Cultural Center, Chennai 6.
The library besides being a public library offers facilities for research, organizes weekly book review meetings and publishes books.
FINANCIALLL ASSISTANCE TO SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
For betterment of education, he has extended financial assistance to a number of schools, training institutes and Colleges. The names of few such institutions:
a. Hyrathul Jalalia Higher Secondary School, Paramakudi
b. Mela Pallivasah Girls Higher Secondary School, Ilayangudi
c. Al-Hilal Matriculation School, Thondi, Ramnad District
d. Colombo Alim High School, Ramnad
e. Syed Ammal Higher Secondary School, Ramnad
f. Muslim Higher Secondary School, peraiyur, Madurai District
g. Crown Matricuation School, Madurai
h. Seethakathi Matriculation School, Nethaji Nagar. Chennai
i. Muslim Women’s Association Matriculation School, Chennai
j. Muslim Higher Secondary School, Melapalayam, Tirunelveli – 5
k. Adi-Dravida Primary School, Melapalayam, Tirunelveli
l. Rajah’s Higher Secondary School, Ramanathapuram
m. Quide-Millet Memorial School, Puliangudi
n. Swartz Higher Secondary School, Tiruppattur, Ramnad District
2. Training Institutes and Polytechnics
a. Mohd Ismail Polytechnic and Technical Training Institute, Tirunelveli
b. Al-Ameen Khajamian Industrial Training Institute, Trichy
c. Al-Ameen Buhari Alim Technical Institute, Ilayangudi
d. Al-Ameen Polytechnic, Erode
a. Sadakathullah Appa College, Palayamkottai
b. Dr. Zakir Hussain College, Ilayangudi
c. The Muslim Arts College, Thiruvithancode
d. Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women, Chennai
e. The New College, Chennai
f. Wakf Board College, Madurai
g. Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy
h. Quide-Millet College for Men, Chennai
i. Sethupathy Govt. Arts College, Ramanathapuram
j. Syed Mahmood Hassan Memorial Muslim Girls College, Bharaich
k. Law College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
4. Other Institutions
a. Bazam-e-Niswan Charitable Trust, Bangalore
b. Cancer Care Trust, Research Foundation, Indore
c. Indian Publications Ltd., New Delhi.
Yousuf Zulaikha Medical Centre, Kilakarai, Ramanathapuram District
This hospital has out-patient and in-patient facilities, clinical lab with all diagnostic equipments. The hospital is conducting regular medical camps in rural and remote villages, to provide easy accessibility to the medical facilities available in towns and cities.
b. Assisted with Funds
Primary Health Centre, Velanoor
1. Shifa Hospital, Adirampattinam, Thanjavur, District
2. K.M.T. Hospital, Kayalpatnam, V.O.C. District
3. The Crescent Hospital, Chennai
He has founded and financially aided the following Orphanages.
1. Al-Mumin Seethakathi Children Home, Sakkaraikottai, Ramanathapuram District
2. Al-Mumin Umar Pulavar Children Hoome, Ottapidaram, V.O.C. District
3. Al-Mumin Shahul Hameed (Wali) Children Home, Thanjavur, Thanjavur District
4. Al-Mumin K.T.M.S. Hamid Children Home (Girls), Kilakarai, Ramnad District.
5. Al-Mumin Malik Dinar Children Home (Girls), Thiruvithancode.
B FINANCIALLY AIDED
1. Muslim Orphanage Committee, Tirunelveli
2. Munavara Mahalir Mandram, Pudur, Madurai
3. Al-Ameen Orphanage (Boys), Erode
4. Al-Ameen Orphanage (Boys), Pudur, Madurai
5. Al-mumin Children Home, Gingee
Sponsored by the Seethakathi Trust founded by him. This conference was held at Kilakarai from 30th December 1990 to 1st January 1991.
The conference inaugurated by Dato Samivelu, Minister of Malaysia was well attended by Tamil Scholars from different of the world, namely Srilanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong and U A E. The three day conference had different sessions on various aspects of Tamil Literature and nearly 24 books were released. The valedictory function was presided over by Dr. Kalaingar M Karunanidhi, the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
B. ALL INDIA MUSLILM WOMEN’S EDUCATION CONFERENCE
Sponsored by the Seethakathi Trust and All India Islamic Foundation founded by him. This conference was conducted at Cresent School Campus, Vandalur, Chennai – 48, from 21 to 23 December 1996. It was inaugurated by Prof. K Anbazhagan under the Presidentship of Justice Fathima Beevi, former Governor of Tamil Nadu.
The conference concentrated on the topic namely “Education, Employment and Entreprenuership of Muslim Women”. This conference was well attended by Muslim women from India and abroad. The valedictory session was presided over by late Thiru G K Moopanar, M.P., Dr. Thahir Mahmood, Chairman, National Minorities Commission gave the valedictory address.
C. NATION & THE WORLD
A Bi-monthlly magazine iln English, published from New Delhi being promoted by Mr. B.S. Abdur Rahman Serving the cause of our nation in general and weaker sections in particular.