EVENTS : 2016- 2017 To Till Date
Volks wagon motor sport promotional event organized on 17th August 2016 . Guest: Mr. Mahesh Menon, Assistant Manager- Technical Volkswagen Motorsport India., Mr. Agnivesh Garg, Senior Marketing officer, Volkswagen Motorsport India. Mr. Venkatesh Shreyas, Race Driver, Volkswagen Motorsport India. Students participated from AERO, Mechanical, Polymer, Automobile II, III, Final years students
Society Inauguration Crescent Society of Automotive Engineers organized on 23rd August 2016. Chief Guest: Dr. K. Swaminathan, Founder & CEO, Silicic Innova Tech Pvt. Ltd.
Workshops / Seminars / Guest lecture / Symposium organized (2015 - 16) Till date
- Guest lecture on Role of piston bowl in diesel combustion engine combustion” was organized on 07.05.2016. Dr. D. Siva Krishna Reddy, lead engineer, Engines Coe, from the Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd was the guest speaker
- Two days National Conference on Emerging Trends in Automotive Technology (ETAT- 2016) was organized on 15th & 16th April 2016 .
- National level Technical symposium Auto Hunt 2016 on 17th March 2016.Mr. S. Radhakrishnan , Vice President (R &D) retired, Tane TRW steering systems was the cheif guest for the inaugural function.
- One day workshop on Mobility safety was organized on 8th September 2015.Mr. Karthikesan, Head –After Seles Division from Zulaikha Motors., Mr. P. Baskaran, Regional Transport Officer, Dr. Shah Dupesh Khan, CEO, Shabeel Honda., Dr. G. Uma Devi, Professor, Division of Transportation Engineering were the guests speakers.
- Crescent Society of Automobile Engineers of Department of Automobile Engineering organized a special lecture by Dr. Peter Brooks – School of Mechanical Sciences – University of Leeds UK to B. Tech Automobile and Mechanical Engineering students on 11th September 2015.
- The Society inauguration was organized by Crescent Society of Automotive Engineers was held on 10.08.2015 . The Chief guest for the program was Mr. P. Arjun Raj, Senior Engineering, Engines Research Development, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Workshops / Seminars / Guest lecture / Symposium organized (2014 - 15)
Workshops / Seminars / Guest lecture / Symposium organized (2013 - 14)
- Guest lecture on Quality system & Industry was organized on 26th March 2015.Mr. V. P. Ranganathan DGM, (R &D, new projects ) from Simpson was the guest speaker.
Special lecture was conducted on 5th March 2015, Automotive Chassis to motivate to Automobile students, Speaker – Dr. M. Subramanian, Professor & Head.
- National level Technical symposium Auto Hunt 2015 on 31st January 2015. Mr. K. Madhivanan, Deputy General Manager from Delphi TVS India Pvt. Ltd was the chief guest for inauguration, Dr. C. Senthil Kumar Associate Professor from Aeronautical Engineering, Madras institute of Technology, Chennai., was the guest for valedictory function.
- Seminar on off road vehicle was organized on 20th September 2014. Mr. Venugopal scientist and advisor to DRDO from CVRDE was the guest speaker.
- One day workshop on Vehical Dynamics was organized on 11thOctober 2014. Mr. M. Sathish, Divisional Manager from Ashok Leland, Mr. L. Subramanian and Manager from Mahindra and Mr. K. Sethu Baskran General Manager from M/S FORD were the guests of speakers.
- The Society inauguration was organized by crescent society of Automotive Engineers was held on 23rd August 2014. The Chief guest for the program was Mr. Robin Roy, Manager Simulation and testing Modine thermal systems India Pvt. Ltd.
- The MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) signed between SHABEEL MOTORS and B.S. Abdur Rahman University on 24th September 2014 for the purpose of enriching the technical education process and to jointly work for enhancing the quality of education imparted to students of Automobile Engineering discipline.
- Special lecture was conducted on July 14th 2014, Adapting to higher education to motivate to Automobile students, Speaker – Dr. M. Subramanian, Professor & Head.
- Guest lecture on Vehicle Maintenance and projects area in automobile engineering organized on 11th August 2014. Dr. Shah Dupesh Khan, Chief Executive officer from shaheel Honda was the guest speaker.
Workshops / Seminars / Guest lecture / Symposium organized (2012 - 13)
- National level student technical symposium Auto Hunt 2013 on October 1st 2013. Mr. P. Arjun Raj, Deputy Manager, Mahindra and Mahindra and Mr. K. Aravind, Bosch India ltd were the chief guests of honour. Over 240 students from engineering institutions from all over the state participated.
- Crescent society of Automotive Engineers (Society Inauguration) on 21st September 2013. The chief guest for the program was Mr. Sanjay Nibandhe, Deputy General Manager, MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA.
- An invited lecture on Engine Design “was delivered by Mr. Ranganthan (Deputy Manager, Ashok Leyland on 11th March 2014.
- National level student technical symposium Auto Hunt 2012 on 28th September 2012 Mr. John Devadasan, Manager, Apollo tyres and Mr. Gauri Shankar, Manager of Renault Nissan were the guests of honour. Over 180 students from engineering institutions from all over the state participated.
- Crescent Society of Automotive Engineers (Society Inauguration) on November 2012. The chief guest for the program was Mr. Bhaumik, Manufacturing Head ( Mahindra and Mahindra).
- Guest Lecture on “The Science and Technology of Fuel Cells” by Mr. P. Ashwin, Curtin University, Australia, during Aug 2012.
- Guest Lecture on “Diesel Engines” Mr. Thangapalam, Manager, M/s Daimler Benz, during March 2013.
- Guest Lecture on “Getting Industrial Exposure” by Mr.Sudhir Natarajan, organiser of Australian race car championship, April 2013.