The Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering was started in the year 1995. The department is now offering under graduate program B.Tech-Electronics and Instrumentation and Post graduate program M.Tech –Electronics and Instrumentation. The department has well qualified faculty members with industrial and Academic experience.
- The Department aspires to excel in, providing quality education, training and research in the area of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering to meet the industrial and societal needs
- To provide quality education in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering by offering Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral Programs
- To impart technical knowledge and hands on experience, leadership and managerial skills to meet the current industrial and societal needs
- To enhance problem solving capabilities through design projects, internship and industrial projects
- To maintain active linkages with industries and research institutions
- To develop analytical skills, leadership quality and team spirit through balanced curriculum and a judicial mix of co-curricular, extra-curricular and professional society activities
- To enrich the knowledge and skills of faculty through continuous learning and active research
- To impart education and training at U.G. and P.G level and inculcate professionalism to meet the needs of the industry & academicia.
- To ensure better quality of education by continuous monitoring and review of performance and counseling of the students.
- To effect continual improvement in the pass percentage in the semester examinations.
- To enhance problem-solving skills of students through industry oriented case studies projects applying state-of the-art techniques.
- To supplement the academic input of students by way of seminars, conferences, guest lectures, industrial visits and in-plant training.
- To strive constantly to improve the quality of the faculty members through up-gradation of qualification, participation in / conduction of short term training programmes (STTP), seminars and workshops, and publications of papers, books etc.
- To provide industrial exposure to the faculty members by undertaking sponsored research, consultancy work and organizing industry oriented training programme at various levels.
Most of the students are placed in various core companies in India and abroad i.e.
- Government institutes dedicated to science and technology etc.
- Core companies in India and abroad such as
- Honeywell, Pune
- Yokogawa, Bangalore
- Invensys, Hyderabad
- Essar steels, Bombay
- FLSmidth Automation, Chennai
- Eurotherm India Ltd.
- ABB, Bangalore
- ISRO, A.P.
- Golf Scaffolding Factory, Sharjah
- Al-Abdul Karim group, Dammam
- Al Khaleej Sugar, Dubai
- Bausch & Lomb, Germany
- Some of them pursue higher studies in reputed universities in India, UK, USA, Australia, Singapore, Germany etc.
- · Advanced Process Control and Automation
- Optimization of Industrial Process
- Intelligent and Smart Controllers
- Biosignal Processing
- Power plant Process Automation and Control
- Image Processing
Periodical training programme is being arranged for the benefit for students, research scholars, internal and external faculty from academic institutions and industries on the following topics:
- Intelligent Control System
- Process Automation with MATLAB
- Process Automation with LABVIEW
- Distributed Control System applied to Process Control loops
- Overview of Programmable Logic Control
- ccreditation details
B.E.(Instrumentation and Control)
Accredited for 03 years in 2002 (F.No:NBA/25th
BRDATR/2002 dated 23.08.2002)
Reaccredited for 05 years in 2006
661/2004 dated 27.07.2006)
B.Tech . (Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.)
Accredited for 3 years since November 2016
M.Tech.(Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.)
Applied on June 2015