The Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering was started in the year 1995. Currently it offers Under Graduate program in B.Tech – Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering and Post Graduate program in M.Tech- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
This department has well qualified and experienced faculties in all specializations such as VLSI, Embedded System, Process Control, Instrumentation, Signal Processing, and Image Processing. The department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering has very good instructional and infrastructure facilities.
The faculty of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering is regularly organizing symposium, workshops and conferences, which will help to update the practical knowledge of students. The Guest lectures are arranged frequently with eminent professors, research scientists and industrial experts to provide the students with the latest developments in industry and across the globe. Besides academics, the students excel in sports and games and win prizes in events organized by other universities and colleges.
The most of our students placed in core companies like Nagman Instruments, Invensys, Siemens, in addition to IT and ITES industries like Cognizant Technology Solutions, Infosys and Wipro. A good number of students opted higher studies. They are studying in aboard and reputed intuitions in India.
- The Department aspires to excel in, providing quality education, training and research in the area of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering to meet the industrial and societal needs
- To provide quality education in the field of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering by offering Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral Programs
- To impart technical knowledge and hands on experience, leadership and managerial skills to meet the current industrial and societal needs
- To enhance problem solving capabilities through design projects, internship and industrial projects
- To maintain active linkages with industries and research institutions
- To develop analytical skills, leadership quality and team spirit through balanced curriculum and a judicial mix of co-curricular, extra-curricular and professional society activities
- To enrich the knowledge and skills of faculty through continuous learning and active research
- To impart education and training at U.G. and P.G level and inculcate professionalism to meet the needs of the industry & academicia.
- To ensure better quality of education by continuous monitoring and review of performance and counseling of the students.
- To effect continual improvement in the pass percentage in the semester examinations.
- To enhance problem-solving skills of students through industry oriented case studies projects applying state-of the-art techniques.
- To supplement the academic input of students by way of seminars, conferences, guest lectures, industrial visits and in-plant training.
- To strive constantly to improve the quality of the faculty members through up-gradation of qualification, participation in / conduction of short term training programmes (STTP), seminars and workshops, and publications of papers, books etc.
- To provide industrial exposure to the faculty members by undertaking sponsored research, consultancy work and organizing industry oriented training programme at various levels.
Most of the students are placed in various core companies in India and abroad i.e.
- Government institutes dedicated to science and technology etc.
- Core companies in India and abroad such as
- Honeywell, Pune
- Yokogawa, Bangalore
- Invensys, Hyderabad
- Essar steels, Bombay
- FLSmidth Automation, Chennai
- Eurotherm India Ltd.
- Hewlett- Packard
- ABB, Bangalore
- ISRO, A.P.
- Golf Scaffolding Factory, Sharjah
- Al-Abdul Karim group, Dammam
- Al Khaleej Sugar, Dubai
- Bausch & Lomb, Germany
- Some of them pursue higher studies in reputed universities in India, UK, USA, Australia, Singapore, Germany etc.
- Around 30 % of the students are Entrepreneurs.
- Advanced Process Control and Automation
- VLSI and Embedded System
- Optimization of Industrial Process
- Intelligent and Smart Controllers
- Biosignal/ Image Processing
- Power plant Process Automation and Control
- Periodical training programme is being arranged for the benefit for students, research scholars, internal and external faculty from academic institutions and industries on the following topics:
- Intelligent Control System
- Process Automation with MATLAB
- Process Automation with LABVIEW
- Distributed Control System applied to Process Control loops
2. Value Added Course is being offered for the students in “ Industrial Automation”
3.E-learning through MOOC, NPTEL and SWAYAM courses.
4.Project Based Learning
5.Peer Assisted Learning
B.Tech . (Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.)
Accredited for 3 years
F.NO: 33-32/2010-NBA dated 27-10-2016
M.Tech.(Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.)
Accredited for 2 Years.
F:No:33-32/2010 –NBA dated 26-07-2017