The Department of EEE was established in the year 1984, the day, Crescent Engineering College got established.
The various programs offered by the Department include,
- B.Tech. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering) – Regular
- B.Tech. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering) VII Semester – Part Time
- M.Tech. (Power System Engineering) - Regular
- M.Tech. (Power Electronics & Drives) – Regular
- Ph.D. (Part time / Full Time)
Even before attaining University status, the Department of EEE was a recognized Research Centre under Anna University and offered Research Programs in Ph.D. and M.Tech. (By Research). The minimum qualification of the department faculty is M.Tech / M.E and 60% of the faculty members are either Ph.D qualified or pursuing Ph.D. The faculty members are with diversed specializations in Power System, High Voltage Engineering, Electric Machines, Power Electronics, Control System, Applied Electronics, Embedded Systems etc. The courses of the EEE department from 1st semester through final semester are handled by the Department faculty members. The faculty : student ratio of the department is 1 : 12.3. The average experience of the faulty members is 12.75 years.
At present, the department is offering an under graduate part time programme B.Tech.in EEE exclusively for employers of M/s. Apollo Tyres, Chennai.
The department students continue to won several University Ranks year after year and their achievements are commendable when it was an affiliated college. This Department has produced more than 100 University Ranks, so far, out of which 16 are Gold medalists. The department has produced 9 Ph.Ds and 16 research scholars are currently pursuing research in the department. Consultancy works worth of Rs. 61 Lakhs have been completed. Training programmes worth of Rs. 72 Lakhs have been successfully completed. There are more than 100 Journal / Conference publications in the last 5 years. Five faculty members of the department are recognized research supervisors of this university and in other universities. The department has conducted international conferences / national conferences / workshops / summer and winter schools / FDPs.
- To achieve excellence in the programs offered by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering through quality teaching, holistic learning and innovative research.
- To offer Under Graduate, Post Graduate & Research programs of industrial and societal relevance.
- To provide knowledge and skill in the Design and realization of Electrical and Electronic circuits and systems.
- To impart necessary managerial and soft skills to face the industrial challenges.
- To pursue academic and collaborative research with industry and research institutions in India and abroad.
- To disseminate the outcome of research and projects through publications, seminars and workshops.
- To provide conducive ambience for higher education, teaching and research.
- Students who graduate from this department can be employed in the areas of generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power supply. As a result wide opportunities are available in the state electricity boards, power grids, power generation company, transmission company, distribution company etc.
- As the post graduate students of the department have exposure and training in the simulation softwares like EUROSTAG,CASPOC,FEADMOS,CYME,VISSIM, ,MATLAB, MATCAD, PSCAD, EUROSTAG, AUPOWER, EMTP,ETAP,PSIM,, MAGNET, Labview, Power System Tool Box, PSPICE, MATHCAD, ANSYS, FEA, Power World Simulator, AU power Lab, PSAT,GAMS,AUTOCAD, they get opportunities in leading power system consultancy companies, power exchange companies and to work as faculty and research fellows in leading Universities.
- Overall personality development skills are provided to the graduates of this department do stand better chances in the service sector jobs including IT industries.