The Department of Physics caters to the needs of Science, Engineering and Technology programs. It imparts knowledge in Applied Physics, Materials Science, Basics of Electronics circuits & devices and Engineering applications. Further, it offers the P.G. course M.Sc in Physics from the academic year 2014-15. It also offers the Doctoral research (Ph.D.) program
- To provide the students with basic knowledge in theory and help acquire the skills in laboratory practice useful to them in the subsequent years.
- To ensure better quality of education by continuous monitoring, review of performance and counseling students.
- To supplement the academic input of students by organizing seminars, conferences and guest lectures.
- To improve the quality of the faculty members through upgradation of qualification, participation in/ conduction of seminars, workshops and publication of research papers and books.
- To provide the state-of-the-art research facilities and offer opportunities for higher education in Science, Engineering and Technology by research and development and consultancy.
- The Department aspires to enhance its research activities extensively by providing state-of-the-art research facilities and strives to establish research centers in the various emerging fields of Physics.
To provide quality educationat UG and PG level in the field of Physical Sciences through well designed programs.
To provide necessary knowledge in Physical Sciences required for all programs in science, Engineering and Technology.
To offer quality programs in advanced and applied physical leading to quality research.
To undertake fundamental, applied and interdisciplinary research in emerging areas.
The Department of Physics is well equipped with the basic laboratory and instrumentation facilities to carry out research. All the faculty members are carrying out research in the major thrust areas of Applied and Novel functional materials.
Sponsored research projects from funding agencies from DST, SERB are being carried out by the faculty members worth of 93.35 lakhs. Apart from this, three proposals have been submitted for approval worth of 66 lakhs.
The department also organizes national conferences, seminars and workshops every year for the benefit of young research scholars.