The Department of Chemistry established in 1984, the year of inception of B.S.A. Crescent Engineering College. It caters to the needs of undergraduate programmes of engineering and technology. The students are imparted knowledge in the fundamental aspects of applied chemistry and environmental science and are trained to acquire laboratory skills which will be useful in their further studies.
- provide the basic and advance concepts in various branches of chemistry
- practice the concepts by performing experiments in the laboratory classes
- enhance the problem solving skills
- practice innovative teaching methods at all levels
- carry out research in the thrust areas of chemistry
- ensure quality education by continuous monitoring, review of performance and counseling
To blossom as the department with excellence in the field of Chemical Sciences through academic and research programmes in cutting-edge areas.
- To provide knowledge and skill in Chemical Sciences through post graduate and doctoral programmes.
- To undertake research in emerging areas of Chemical Sciences and transform the findings for the benefit of the society.
- To establish collaboration with industries and research institutes to promote joint research projects
The department offers M.Sc. Chemistry programme with specialization in
- Green chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Environmental chemistry
The Department has basic laboratory and instrumentation facilities to carry out research. The faculty members are carrying out research in the thrust areas of chemistry. Except one, all are the recognized supervisors of the university. Most of the faculty members are executing sponsored research projects from funding agencies like DST, CSIR, etc. worth of Rs. 1.7696 crores. The Department organizes seminars and workshops periodically to discuss the research output with the experts and the young research community.