The Department of Civil Engineering started in 1984 is one of the oldest departments of this University. The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and is certified to ISO 9001:2000 from DNV, Netherlands. The department has well-qualified and experienced faculty members and excellent infrastructure that supports the imparting of education. The highly qualified faculty of this department includes eight faculty members with Ph.D. qualification, nineteen members pursuing Ph.D. and six with PG.
- To be a leading department for Education, Training and Research in Civil Engineering for a better future and over-all Socio-Economic progress of the Country in a sustainable manner
- To offer world class undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs of industrial and societal relevance in civil engineering.
- To nurture ethically strong civil engineers to address global challenges through quality education and application oriented research.
- To educate our students on design, construction, maintenance and advancements in civil engineering for providing solutions to the betterment of the society.
- To prepare competitive and responsible citizens with good communication, leadership and managerial skills.
- To enrich and enhance the knowledge base for the best practices in various areas of Civil & allied Engineering through collaborations with Global Institutions of Excellence, Industries and Research Organizations.
- To provide a healthy ambience for teaching, research, consultancy and extension activities.