- The Department of Civil Engineering started in 1984 is one of the oldest and vibrant departments of this institution. The department has well-qualified and experienced faculty members and excellent infrastructure that supports the imparting of education. The highly qualified faculty of this department includes seven faculty members with Ph.D. qualification, seventeen members pursuing Ph.D. and six with PG.The faculty members of the department are involved in high quality teaching, research consultancy and extension activities.
- The Department offers B. Tech in Civil Engineering, M.Tech degree in Structural Engineering and M.Tech degree in Construction Engineering and Project Management. All the programmes are accredited by National Board of Accreditation. The department is certified to ISO 9001:2000 from DNV, Netherlands. The Department also has a vibrant Ph.D. programme in all areas of specializations in civil engineering.
- The curriculum of the programmes are framed to have deep understanding of fundamental principlesand concepts to handle the latest challenges in Civil Engineering.The department has been producing high-quality technical manpower needed by industry, R&D organizations, and academic institutions.
- The Department also encourages its students to engage in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities to bring out their inherent talents and to develop teamspirit and organizational skills. The department organizes a National level technical symposium “CIVICLAN” every year to enrich student’s learning and organizational abilities. Also it organizes regularly Value Added Courses, Conferences, and Workshops. In order to promote organizational skills & leadership qualities among students, they are enrolled as members in professional societies like ASCE, SCE, ICI etc. The students are exposed to latest technological advancements through weekly seminars/special invited lectures by leading professionals from institutions and industries.
- To be a leading department for Education, Training and Research in Civil Engineering for a better future and over-all Socio-Economic progress of the Country in a sustainable manner
- To offer world class undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs of industrial and societal relevance in civil engineering.
- To nurture ethically strong civil engineers to address global challenges through quality education and application oriented research.
- To educate our students on design, construction, maintenance and advancements in civil engineering for providing solutions to the betterment of the society.
- To prepare competitive and responsible citizens with good communication, leadership and managerial skills.
- To enrich and enhance the knowledge base for the best practices in various areas of Civil & allied Engineering through collaborations with Global Institutions of Excellence, Industries and Research Organizations.
- To provide a healthy ambience for teaching, research, consultancy and extension activities.