The department of Automobile Engineering was started in the year 2011. This is the youngest and rapidly developing department in the university. The department is having young faculty members guided by experienced professors.
The department is growing fast with well established laboratories covering all the areas of automobile engineering. Establishment of Vehicle Dynamics Lab and Development of Automotive Electronics Lab are going well besides strengthening Four wheeler Lab, Engine components Lab, Engine and vehicle testing Lab, Two and three wheeler Lab and Fuels and lubricants Lab
The department is also offering MS (Research) and Ph.D programs. The Research laboratory is independently developed to meet the research requirements.
The subjects are designed to meet the demands of automobile industry focusing on specialization in Engines, Vehicles, Dynamics, Transmission Electronics, Manufacturing, Design and Analysis of vehicle components and system. Motorsport Engineering is introduced as elective subject to give students an exposure to design and develop vehicles for competitions like BAJA, Gokarting , SUPRA, FSAE etc. The Students get all opportunities to develop themselves as engineers from B. Tech Automobile Engineering program.
Automobile Engineering is offering a very good opportunity for young entrepreneurs with minimum investment at the beginning. The employment opportunities are plenty for the right Automobile Engineers in organizations like Mahindra & Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, Tata Motors, HAL Ford, Greaves, Hindustan Motors, General Motors, Rolls Royce etc. Apart from OEM companies Auto component Manufacturing likes BOSCH, UCAL fuel systems, Borg warner, Visteon, Wabco TVS companies and all servicing and marketing companies, Transport organizations Insurance companies. Apart from these automobile engineers have opportunities to enter research establishments like CVRDE, DRDO, and HVF etc.
- To be a leader for Education, Training, Consultancy and Research in Automobile Engineering for the progress of Automotive Industries and over-all Socio-Economic progress of the Country in a sustainable manner.
- To provide quality education to the students and to mould them as professionals with sound knowledge in the field of Automobile Engineering.
- To equip students to solve challenging problems in Automobile Engineering and related areas taking in to account their impact on the society.
- To facilitate students to develop good communication, leadership and managerial skills through team approach in conducting experiments and projects
- To pursue academic and collaborative research with industry and related research institutions.