ABOUT THE OFFICE OF RESEARCH
- B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent University ( B.S. Abdur Rahman Institute of Science and Technology ), “A Research Intensive University” lay greater emphasis on academic and research in its Endeavour to become a premier institution contributing to the Scientific and Technological development of our Country.
- The University has a well-established administrative structure to ensure quality research with various committees, namely, Research Advisory Committee (RAC), Research Board and Research Team and Forum.
- Research Advisory Committee (RAC), comprising eminent researchers in the field of Science, Engineering and Technology, which gives directions to the overall research activities of the Institute.
- Under the guidance of the RAC, Research Board formulates the overall research policies and thrust areas. The Deans of all the schools in the University are the members.
- In addition, each department has a research committee, to initiate and monitor the research activities of the department.
- The annual budget of the departments includes the requirements of research infrastructure and adequate funds are sanctioned.
- All the Departments are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and software for carrying out research. The library has over 13,000 e-journals including IEEE, ASME, ASCE, Springer, Elsevier, Emerald, Proquest etc., and a collection of Open Access Journals, apart from 75,000+ Reference &Textbooks.
- 55 Research Fellowships (JRF / SRF) are available in all the Departments, to lure bright youngsters to take up research activities on full time basis.
- Research starts with an idea and an idea to various innovations. The APJ Abdul Kalam innovation centre is working closely with Research Team to transform the research towards entrepreneurship.