The Department of Management Studies (DoMS) was established in the year 1994 with an objective to produce competent management and business professionals to meet global needs. Given the vast opportunities open to the MBAs, and having closer collaboration with the industries, the department has taken enormous efforts to prepare the would-be executives to stand up to the challenges of this hi-tech age, exposing them to a more sophisticated learning through projects of practical values.
The Department of Management Studies lays emphasis on multifaceted learning experiences. The curriculum is designed to facilitate career enrichment of students. The programmes offered are dedicated to prepare students to become successful Intrapreneurs and Entrepreneurs. The lab courses accessible in the area of corporate connect, sales negotiation, data analysis and current affairs in business help students to cope up with the requirements of the industry. A team of well-qualified faculty members with rich industrial and academic experience contribute to the strength of the department. In addition, the department invites a large number of professionals from Industry and foreign universities for expert sessions. The alumni of the department are also invited on a regular basis to share their work and life experience with the current students in order to keep them updated about the requirements of the job market.
The department takes further initiatives to motivate their students to become active members of a number of clubs that function in the department as well as in the university. Some of them are HRD club, finance club, MMA student Chapter, United Nations Crescent University Chapter, YRC etc.
For the Department of Management Studies, there is no area left unexplored, though we continue to aim for the best under the directions and leadership of our Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof Sahol Hamid.
- The department offers doctoral programme (PhD.) and post graduate programme in Management (MBA).
- The department focuses on international collaborations for several academic and research related assignments.
- The department has good number of faculty members with PhD.
- Faculty members undertake consulting assignments from Industry and Government organizations such as Ashok Leyland, Co-optex, Paranthaman Hydraulics and Equipments & Heidelberg India Pvt Ltd.
- For MBA programme, the department follows the trimester system with dynamic curriculum and syllabi on par with the most reputed Business Schools in India and abroad.
- Electives are offered in all functional and contemporary areas in addition to the training in work-life skills and current management and business developments.
- The department has air conditioned state of the art classrooms and syndicate rooms for regular classes and discussions, which are both LAN and Wi-Fi connected
- It has an independent full-fledged computer center with latest soft ware packages and data base.
- The department has its own library containing about 1500 books, a variety of journals and magazines, besides the facilities offered by central library
- Amphi Theater Class Rooms – 2 nos
- Class Rooms- 2 nos
- Syndicate Rooms – 2 nos
- Computer Lab – 1 no
- Department Library
- Multimedia Projectors - 5 nos
- Desktops – 60 nos
- Printer – 4 nos